Verizon blocking emails from our mail server!
ChadAdamson

Our SMTP server is on a static IP address assigned by our dedicated server provider. We do not allow spam on our network. Verizon is the only ISP blocking email from our customers. I am getting no communication on this and we are about ready to go public with this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking emails from our mail server!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChadAdamson,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

ChadAdamson,

Due to the IP provided showing as blacklisted through several systems, we will not be able to whitelist you and are closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional question please make a new post and we will be happy to address them.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
ChadAdamson

That is rediculous. I see one new blacklist on the MXTOOLBOX and I have never heard of it. The web page is all in another language in Chile.I am surprised that Verizon would let some ROGUE mail blacklist in Chile determine that our emails will not be delivered to customers with Verizon email addresses in the United States. They don't even have an english website. We have no problems with any other ISP's. We will contact all of our business clients to let them and their customers know that they need to get another provider other than Verizon if they wish to have email communication through our networks.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Email Server Blocking
ChadAdamson

Our SMTP server is on a static IP address assigned by our dedicated server provider. We do not allow spam on our network. Verizon is the only ISP blocking email from our customers. I am getting no communication on this. Our customers have not been able to receive emails for months if they are on verizon. One of our clients current has this message going out to their thousands of customers:

If you have an email address with Verizon you will not be able to receive emails from Timeshare Trade-ins. We have made numerous attempts to find out why Verizon is blocking our emails and they will not give us a valid reason on why they are doing this. They will also not give us instructions on how to resolve this matter. If you have a Verizon email account and would like to receive emails from our company, please contact Verizon and let them know the problem. If you are with another email provider you should have no problem communicating with us by email. If your email address ends with @verizon.net, we recommend that you contact us by using another email provider. You may also reach us by phone at {edited for privacy}.

{edited for privacy}

I hope we can get this resolved.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Email Server Blocking
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChadAdamson,

We have reopened your private support case.

0 Likes
Re: Email Server Blocking
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol@verizon     9 years of failure verizon WAKE UP

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

ChadAdamson,

At this point we will be closing the private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Josh

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chad,

Remember you are posting on a peer to peer forum.  ONLY the contacts that some of the moderators conected you wil help you.

AND YES, even a, too you obscure, Chilean site will report on SPam that require all the ISP to consider blacklisting you.  YOu need to be agressive on talking to the various blacklisting sites.  Verizon itself does not blacklist, but honors the major blacklisting authoriteis.  And you need to consider that some client of yours is abusing you and causing your service to be blacklisted.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

could someone explain this whitelist and blacklist thing please very confused

0 Likes