Verizon blocking my IP - Bad for Business
trogers1

I have found other posts where people are having the same problem. Rather than explain it, just view this post - http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-blocking-my-IP/td-p/621425. My situation is very much the same. 

I run a server with client websites, many of which use web mail. These are mostly non profits, they don't do spam, nor do I.

In the last week, Verizon has blocked all incoming email from my IP address which affects a number of organizations. There was an issue with one spam service (Rats) which was fixed within an hour. It's now been a week and it's still not fixed. Today one of my clients tried to send out a newsletter and got 49 bounce backs. 

Today I went to the trouble of installing a SSL Certificate and even paid extra to get a new IP address figuring that the problems would go away. But it's the same thing all over again. I checked the IP address before installing it and it was clean as a whistle. 

It's like the whole office is on vacation. What gives?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking my IP - Bad for Business
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your talking to customers here.  You need to contact them.  see the "contact us" options on all the web pages.  Probably need to contact them by phone starting with 1-800-Verizon.  OR use the Whitelist form mentioned in those threads you pointed to.

0 Likes
trogers1

Thanks for the input, unfortunatley it's a dead end and this is the only way I could find to get a response. If you look at the other postings, they end by someone from Verizon stating that they will escalate the case, and making arrangements to discuss via other channels. 

0 Likes
infohou

I just had an issue with folks not being able to send email from their work account using Verizon connected cell phones.  I had recently added the SORBS blocklist to their email server.  It turns out that one or more Verizon addresses are listed now in SORBS so the server was not accepting email sending from or to a Verizon IP.

So you will want to check your email server and see if it is using SORBS.

Good Luck,

{edited for privacy}

PS:  Otherwise,  Might I suggest sending a letter or video via FEDEX to the CEO and Chairmen.

0 Likes
Fearless1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same problem on and off for several years and it's just happened to me again. Verizon relays '000s of unsolicited spam messages to me every day and yet won't let me or my clients send 600 time-sensitive emails to subscribed membersship about a party tomorrow. My IP address is now instantly blacklisted and I suddenly have no email access. How can they be allowed to do this? The whitelist form produces no results whatsoever - I wait, and wait, and wait... and they do NOTHING. This is crippling to small businesses.

0 Likes