Verizon blocking my static IP (just assigned to me)
supernat10

I know this is the forum for verizon users, but I'm just hoping a moderator will see and escalate this issue, because I'm having no success via email or phone getting through to Verizon.

I just purchased a dedicated server a month ago to move my business server to, was assigned 2 IP addresses, and both are blocked by Verizon for myself and family being able to send email from my server through to a Verizon user.  I went to the Whitelist link provided by Verizon in the rejection notice, put my IP in, and received a canned response that I was on a permanent block list.

"How can you have a permanent block list in a system that is so dynamic" I thought to myself, especially with everyone moving to the cloud and static IPs no longer meaning static to one company as companies move between cloud services, but anyway, the point is that I can't get through to anyone to get these unblocked, and there is no obvious way to "request" to a live human being to have it assessed.

My email servers are configured with SPF and DKIM, no open relay, I block incoming SPAM with RBLs, everything else is firewalled, I'd really just like to be able to send email to my verizon clients again soon, because sending them an email from a generic gmail account is very unprofessional but that's what I have to do right now.

Moderators, please escalate my problem as I've seen you do in other posts, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks,
Chris

p.s. if it helps, I was a Verizon fios Business static IP customer for many years before this, and the only reason I cancelled my service is that I moved to the country where you don't offer it, which is why I had to move my server to a cloud provider.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking my static IP (just assigned to me)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You can use the customer service phone number to reach out to the right department.

0 Likes
supernat10

As I stated in my original message, I tried contacting Verizon through the normal means.  They kept passing me around from land line to wireless to land line to tv to land line, and everyone said it wasn't in their department because I wasn't a verizon customer.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes