Verizon e-mail change
David42

This change over to AOL is not all that clear. I don't use my verizon email address. I have my own domain name. I use SMTP.verizon.net as my outgoing server. All works fine now. If I migrate my verizon email address to AOL I cannot use my existing password (too short). If I create a new password does that mean I have to change the passwords on all the devices that use Verizon as the outgoing server? That would be too much work. My question is therefore if I do nothing will everything still work (except no verizon email address)?

I must say I am becoming a lot more unhappy with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon e-mail change
Justin46
Legend

@David42 wrote:

This change over to AOL is not all that clear. I don't use my verizon email address. I have my own domain name. I use SMTP.verizon.net as my outgoing server. All works fine now. If I migrate my verizon email address to AOL I cannot use my existing password (too short). If I create a new password does that mean I have to change the passwords on all the devices that use Verizon as the outgoing server? That would be too much work. My question is therefore if I do nothing will everything still work (except no verizon email address)?

I must say I am becoming a lot more unhappy with Verizon.

I have no experience with that environment, but there is a Q&A at AOL about the Verizon migration that seems to say no: https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq. Quoting from that page:

I hope maybe this will help clarify your issue? If not, hopefully someone familiar with that environment can chime in here.

FWIW, once you do migrate your Verizon email account to AOL (with the new password and keeping the Verizon servers), youi still have your Verizon email address, people who send emails to that address don't have to change to AOL or anything.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: Verizon e-mail change
Bulls2212a

Same thing happened to me.

Contacted AOL and they told me that I can no longer use my verizon email services (now AOL) to send email from my domain.

AOL said that only my verizon/aol signon could be used to send email.

Contacted Verizon and they told me they have nothing to do with email anymore.

I picked Verizon to do business with. Not AOL.

When this 1st started (immediately after the move to AOL), I spent 12 hours trying to detirmine why I could no longer send email. Verizon new last year that this change would hurt it's customers but that said nothing. Verizon created a 12 hour long emergency for me. I pay Verizon hundreds of dollars each month. They should treat their customers with respect and not cause them serious problems.

AOL is one of the worst tech companies in America.

This Verizon created on-going problem continues today. 

0 Likes