Verizon email not accessible in France!
studio5dc

We are long-time loyal Verizon customers, landlines, mobile, and internet. We set up several new Verizon email accounts to use to manage our affairs in the USA and while traveling in France. However, now that we are in France, we discover that Verizon seems to be blocking access to email when the customer is in another country. This is a real problem and complication for us. Especially since Verizon does not inform it's customers or even admit that it is blocking email in this manner. Is this a permanent policy or any is there any chance that it will be resolved soon?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email not accessible in France!
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Sacrebleu!!!! Just kidding. Do you by chance have other email you can access?

The reason why I ask is because Hotmail, yahoo., Gmail all allow you to add alternate webmail addresses and access through their webmail portals (I. E. You would be using Gmail, or whomever, to access your verizon accounts) . As an example I have Gmail and Outlook, and I've configured all my different emails in their programs.

That means when I open Gmail.Com or Outlook.com, in addition to my normal folders, I also have folder for my old aol, my yahoo, my work email etc. And i can send and receive just fine.

Might be a good work around. Very easy fast setup.

I'd think it's either that or you'd have to call in or do chat support.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon email not accessible in France!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi studio5dc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes