Verizon mail deleted from server is not deleted from IPAD2 but works fine on Android
mrbighands

I have both an Android phone and an IPAD.  This Android (RAZR) and my previous one (Droid2) worked fine.   Mail deleted from the server is also deleted from the phone.  Deleted from phone would delete from server.  Worked great.  On IPAD, when setting up the Verizon mail account, it defaults to POP and I can set it to delete from server when removed from IPAD.  However, mail deleted from the server is not deleted from the IPAD and so I have to remove it manually (a second time).  Why does it work on Android and not on IPAD?  Settings on Android appear to also be for POP.  Can anyone help with this?  It's too hard to believe that with so many people using IPADs, that this is such a problem.   I've read that Verizon isn't supporting IMAP, but how in the world is the Android phone working?

MrBigHands

0 Likes
Re: Verizon mail deleted from server is not deleted from IPAD2 but works fine on Android
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Any mail service POP downloads a copy of the message to the phone. It would then need to be deleted from the device itself. What you are referring to where its deleted in both places is an IMAP type email service.

0 Likes