Re: Verizon's outgoing e-mail server foolishly blocking spam-complaints
pdqcarrera

It's a very irritating problem that I share with you, as do many other Verizon email customers. The Spam detection software Verizon uses is awful. False catches is a very annoying situation when you are attempting to send critical or timely emails.

Apparently sharing links within email is an increasing problem for Verizon as I've noticed the problem getting worse.

I have not found using spamdetector.update@verizon.net to be of any help. To add to some of the other suggestions that have already been posted, try sending your email in plain text rather than HTML.  I have done this on a couple of occasions with success.

0 Likes
pdqcarrera
doug -  what did the "Verizon In Home agent app" change in your settings?

By any chance did it change your signature, or your default setting (html vs. plain text)?
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Have you tried going to www.isnotspam.com 

They have an email that you send a copy of the offending email to, and it returns an email to you with all the red flags that are potential problems. 

Simply compose your email and send it to the following email address, using your usual mail server. You will be able to view an online report detailing potential problems (if any) with your email. Our software automatically checks the main elements which cause emails to be rejected by recipient mail servers. The following tests will be performed:

• SPF Check
  • Sender-ID Check
  • DomainKeys Check
  • DKIM Check
  • SpamAssassin Check

You'll be able to view the results of these tests online within a few seconds, by searching for your sender email address in the box above.

MisterBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've run into this stupid problem when trying to report phish mail to the address that the phished site wants it reported to, like spoof@ebay.com. It needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
tommarshall

Cannot send E-Mail.  Windows says it is spam.

0 Likes
rottencs

I wish that would be all of or the ONLY problem I ever encountered with Verizon.net. They are SO inept and unpractical, I must be an IMBECILE to still be using it, but fortunately, I have a backup which I NEVER have any problems with, and they cost me $10 a month.

Just a few of the 100's of MY Verizon problems:

.  the same spam issues you noted plus tonitetried to forwarsd something to my wife, who is the ONLY reason I still have  verizon. It was noted to "possibly be spam"???!!! (maybe Bloomberg (NY mayor) had something to do with it0

. all of the "square Bob sponge pants and the like, he's dead Jim etc on their screwed up site????

.  Shockwave Flash  issues, crashes, etc which continually (until it finally crashes) disrupt and slow my computing and will NOT let me eliminate it.

.  the little counter clockwise arrows that may sometimes go on for many minutes before either FINALLY completing the task or giving you an error msg.

.  all of the MANY error msgs continually ONLY happening on verizon, and NOT on my cheap backup site.

.  I'm going to stop before my fingers get tired, but believe me I could get to 100 EASY!!

One of these days, I'll get the time (by NOT using verizon) to {word filter avoidance}-can them!!!

POWERFUL SOLUTIONS---GET RID OF verizon!!

0 Likes
rottencs

ARE you serious?? How about verizon fix their OWN screwed up mess, and don't ask us to do MORE  {word filter avoidance} that THEY should eliminate.

THANKS, verizon Bloomberg

0 Likes
rottencs

Take that  {word filter avoidance} off!! WE are capable of determining what WE determine is SPAM, Nanny. Try instead doing SOMETHING about the 50 or 60 SPAM msgs I send YOU that keep coming!!!!!@!

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

FOLKS AT THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE VERIZON MARRY GO ROUND

Y'ALL COME BACK NOW YA HEAR

0 Likes
Blackbeltmom

I am having the exact same issue. It has been almost one week now that I have been barred from sending emails via verizon. It worked beautifully for 2 years, not one issue then Saturday I go to send a single email to one single person in my contact list and it is rejected as spam. Please DO NOT tell me to send it to the spam dept@ verizon - I have done so about 8x now. I have contacted the online agent who was useless as after an hour Verizon informs me that the issue is my signature as it appears I am using my residential account for business and they will not allow that. Odd, after two years now it is an issue? And after carefully reading there is nothing that says I cannot allow my clients to email me with my residential email. And my boss uses the same email. Try again Verizon. But let's assume they are right -- I did erase my signature and attempt to send emails that way and NO - returned SPAM - and yes I sent those to the spam dept as well and yes still not fixed. So I call an agent who was very kind but informed me that although the VERIZON'S WEBSITE says it takes them 30-60 minutes to review the messages sent to the spam dept - it is actually 24 hours so there was nothing to do except do it a 10th time and wait 24 hours. So now, the Verizon online agent failed at sending messages - sent it to the spam dept and FAILED - the agent I called FAILED and yet here I sit having to pay Verizon for a service they ARE NOT PROVIDING nor fixing.  I was then told the issue must have been outlook - I DON'T USE OUTLOOK! ONLY VERIZON. So here I am with Verizon not fixing their issue and I am loosing work bc I cannot respond to anyone's emails.  Thank you Verizon for doing a horrible JOB again....

So today I create an outlook account and guess what? STILL CAN'T SEND EMAIL VIA VERIZON... Now all my clients world wide have this one email and it is useless. And I am computer illiterate to start all over...

0 Likes