Verizon to AOL email - new settings for andriod email?
thisisnuts2017

So I am still in limbo while they go through this migration phase. 

The email on the andriod was working.... until they started the change.

Are there new settings needed for andriods?  Why would it stop all of a sudden?  I can't find any information on verizon, the pages and questions are a couple years old, and their links for email settings are either outdated and/or don't even work - they go off into blank pages.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon to AOL email - new settings for andriod email?
Justin46
Legend

My Android phone is working just fine now. However, it did not work reliably overnight and early this morning. I also had problems with my PC email client this morning, but those were are apparently resolved about 1 pm CT this afternoon. I have not changed any settings in my phone or PC, so the problems were all at the Verizon/AOL end.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
thisisnuts2017

I'm in California.  Still hasn't been resolved here for me.   No email on andriod or PC. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have they actually switched you over?  Here in Florida, I am still waiting to here from them.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

Have they actually switched you over?  Here in Florida, I am still waiting to here from them.

Not yet for me either, I still have the "soon" message on my webmail page. But if you do a traceroute to pop.verizon.net as I just did, you may find that this resoves to an AOL email server name and address: pop-verizonmail.egslb.aol.com [64.12.88.168]. That combined with the instability of Verizon's email service the last couple of days (I have had login failures a couple of times today so far, next time I try all is ok) tells me that the migration is underway (and not necessarily going too well!).

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
thisisnuts2017

I am still having issues with email, it couldn't come at a worse time.  Still nothing for the andriod and only once my PC email worked.

When I called them yesterday and did the online chat thing, they didn't have an answer other than - there seem to be migration issues and I don't see your sub account at all.  My primary evidently has started migration into no mans land, yet my sub accounts are stuck in pergatory.  And they don't have an answer.

I can't find any information on what is happening on ANY of the verizon webpages - anywhere.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

My email has worked on and off for the past two days.  I use Outlook and I have several accounts, each of them having that password error box come up throughout the day.  

0 Likes