Verizon webmail redirects and the need to delete spam before it hits my devices
AngieMo

Just this week, whenever I try to use Verizon webmail (I'm on a Mac using Safari), I get redirected from the email login page back to a Verizon Wireless website where there is no option to check email! I'm in a constant heinous loop where I go back and forth trying to log into Verizon webmail and then being redirected automatically to the Verizon main page. 

And let me just say that I have to log in using Verizon webmail if I have any hope of preventing the ton of email spam that Verizon does not filter. Which is a lot, and every day no matter how I've set my Verizon filters.  Although my Mac filters spam pretty well, my iPad and IPhone do not. Hence the actual need to log in to Verizon webmail and stop the junk before I download email to either device. Grrr. Google does a MUCH better job filtering crap.

I've pretty much given up on Verizon email at this point anyway. 

If anyone can help or has information on what to do for either issue, I'd appreciate hearing from you and before I throw in the towel with verizon. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon webmail redirects and the need to delete spam before it hits my devices
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Is this the address you are using to log-in https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/ . I tried numerous times to log-in and I go to webmail everytime.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon webmail redirects and the need to delete spam before it hits my devices
AngieMo

Hi - yes, that's the address I'm using and here's where it takes me. . . 

https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/upr/signin.aspx?err=1024

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

welcome to verizon enjoy your stay 🙂

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

9 years of spam detector and it still is a total failure.verizon has a bullseye on them for spam.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Clear your cache and internet history. Reboot the computer and try again. Just curious!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@angemorr wrote:

Hi - yes, that's the address I'm using and here's where it takes me. . . 

https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/upr/signin.aspx?err=1024

The end of that URL leads me to believe that something is going wrong with your sign in. I'm not sure what error "1024" is, but if you contact Verizon, they might be able to shed some light on it.

I second the suggestion to clear cookies and cache, and also suggest you try running your browser without addons.

If that doesn't help, you might need to reset your password.

0 Likes
AngieMo

Thanks for the info. I have cleared my cache and reset Safari. Same issue. However, I did notice that just before the redirect occurs a message about a Java script error pops up for a second before I'm looped back to the general Verizon login screen. I'll have to research that as well. 

0 Likes