Verizon yahoo! Merge-unnerve problems...no email access for a week!
Ladyslipah
Last Friday I called tech support at Yahoo! To help me access my 15 year old email account but they referred me to Verizon because my.accounts were merged. I spent 4 hours on the phone to discover they cancelled my yahoo account and replaced it with a new Verizon email of the same name only with a Verizon.net suffix. They did not merge the 700+ emails or the 35 folders from the yahoo email. Next evening, another 4 hours with tech support trying to log in to an account they try to explain is non-existent. Third evening in a conference call with Yahoo! Tech support the Verizon rep states they have ceased their collaboration with Yahoo! Without informing their customers or Yahoo. Yet when I log in to Yahoo.com from any computer not served by Verizon, my login attempt brings me to the Verizon website. So Verizon has my email account and cannot or will not release it and Yahoo can "see" the account with its contents but cannot access it or assist me because it is in Verizon domain. This seems like an economic tactic to prevent me from dropping Verizon and deterring others from using Yahoo! I imagine a boardroom decision that would be attractive to stockholders and advertisers...see how many new email account holders we have!!!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon yahoo! Merge-unnerve problems...no email access for a week!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Ladyslipah

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon yahoo! Merge-unnerve problems...no email access for a week!
bug12

Moderator,

It seems everybody with Verizon Yahoo Email is having difficulty with access to Verizon Email addresses.

When I accss via my Verizon Yahoo homepage I get the message "No site configured at this address".

This problem has been going on for about two weeks now.  Don't you think it would be in Verizon's best interest to post a global message to their paying customers to help resolve these issues.   I for one am not paying another bill on my high speed internet until I can access my Email account that I was forced to use when I signed up for my service with Verizon.

None of us can afford to spend hours on the phone trying to resolve issues that caused by and are well known to both Verizon and Yahoo. 

0 Likes