Verizon yahoo email absolutely will NOT work with any program or app
jamessuhr

I have had Verizon email through the yahoo portal for years.  It stopped working on anything but webmail months ago.  I just learned that because I've been using the yahoo portal I will not be switched to the AOL option at all and that I'm essentially just stuck on the slow and buggy yahoo webmail portal.  I do not have an option of unlinking from yahoo at all. I am quite unhappy and am considering cancelling every service from Verizon.  The Verizon app, the Yahoo app, and at least a dozen other email apps just will NOT work on any of my tablets, or my Verizon smart phone.  Even the Verizon MyFios app will not get email.  Thunderbird, Outlook, and Mailbird on the laptop or the desktop will not work.  I get authentication errors EVERY SINGLE TIME.  As I've had this email for well over a decade I am displeased that I now have thousands of people and companies to contact and change my email address. 

These are the settings that I'm using:

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net port 995 SSL checked

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net port 465 SSL checked requires authentication

user name DOES include the @verizon.net suffix

Verizon technical support seems to be stumped and yahoo tech support is unreachable. I think this is a problem that nobody seems to want to admit that it exists or that they even want to fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon yahoo email absolutely will NOT work with any program or app
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jamessuhr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes