Webmail access from UAE
Momos

I recently traveled to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This was the first foreign country I have visited from which I could not access my Verizon webmail; I have been to many countries in Asia and Europe and never had any trouble before.  

In the UAE I tried wireless devices (iPhone, iPad) and PC (tried all three browsers: IE, Chrome, Firefox), but none worked for Verizon email. I could access the Verizon sign-in screen that asks for my Verizon username, but the second screen asking for password appeared to be blocked: I just got an error message like "webpage unavailable". I was able to use my company's email with no trouble.

Is Verizon webmail blocked in the UAE?

0 Likes
Re: Webmail access from UAE
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
Momos

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to access the Verizon webmail sign-in page (mail.verizon.com), but after entering my username normally a second page opens to enter the password. Instead I got error messages like "this page is not available". The exact error message varied with each browser I tried, but the result was always the same. What is your remedy for this access problem from overseas?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As noted on that thread, for additional assistance please call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) to speak with a Verizon customer service representative.

0 Likes
Re: Webmail access from UAE and Indonesia
Momos

Update:

I followed the advice of others in this forum, and for my next overseas trip I set my Verizon email to forward to another email service that is not blocked overseas. This worked fine and I was able to receive my emails through this other account (my work email actually). On this trip in December 2014 I traveled to Indonesia, and had no trouble logging in to my Verizon account or webmail either. Either Verizon made some adjustments to their webmail access since my trip to UAE in November, or there is a difference between UAE and Indonesia.

0 Likes