Webmail 'lost' all older messages?
Lisagailsmiles

Suddenly (this week), my webmail only goes back less than one month. I have older emails I need. I am at only 25% capacity (or so), not even near my storage limit. I used to have 11 pages of emails, and now, I have 5.

I need to know what's going on, and have those restored. Is this problem unique to me? RIght now, I am logged in as my 'primary' account, but I mainly use a sub-account. I don't know how I will know about responses to this post.

Ahh Verizon - you work hard to frustrate me.

0 Likes
Re: Webmail 'lost' all older messages?
Lisagailsmiles

Nothing?

Verizon folks - Help me, please!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lisagailsmiles,

These Forums are a place where users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Lisagailsmiles

Sigh. I've tried that, and they suggested the forum.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Any time mail disappears from the server, there's a pretty good chance there's some device pulling it off. This can happen even without you intending it to. For example, the default Verizon setup for a long time (and possibly still) configured Outlook automatically unless you were paying attention and unchecked the box during the install.

The easiest way to fix it is to change your password. Once the device(s) can no longer authenticate, the disappearances should stop.

Lisagailsmiles

Thanks for the response. I don't use any client at all. I only use webmail to check my mail.

I tried customer support again, and they told me it was impossible for webmail to delete or remove my messages. I agree that it's not possible. What has happened is that, for some reason, only the last two weeks of messages are showing up. I feel sure they are somewhere - just not visible to me. However ..

Still no resolution - I have to assume I will never see them again. Currently working on leaving Verizon. I doubt that FREE services lose as many messages as Verizon does. Paying for this service is like self-loathing.

0 Likes