What is going on w (outsourced & BROKEN) verizon.net email?
iam2sam

Ever since Verizon outsourced verizon.net email to AOL there have been some issues. When AOL was subsequently partnered with (or purchased by) by OATH, those issues became worse. I had found ways to work around the issues until recently. However, for the past week, whenever I complete the log-in process for my verizon.net email address, I am receiving an http/1.1 - 503 error and I am unable to access my messages. This is happening across multiple combinations of devices, browsers, and internet connections, so it isn't a problem with my equipment. Moreover, that error is by definition a server-side issue. As far as I know, Verizon customers were provided with no customer service resources or contact points when this Verizon-contracted service was outsourced, which is the reason I'm posting here, in hopes that someone at Verizon with authority to look into this issue will read this. I receive important and timely financial and other critical information at my verizon.net address. I cannot afford to miss those messages for an extended length of time. I hope that Verizon realizes that because the email address domain name remains "verizon.net," issues and problems with the email service reflect on Verizon, more than on AOL or OATH. I also will hold Verizon ethically and legally accountable for any financial or other losses that I may incur because of this failure to allow access to my verizon.net email messages. Who can tell me what needs to be done to resolve this issue, and when that action will occur? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: What is going on w (outsourced & BROKEN) verizon.net email?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Never outsourced.  AOL and Yahoo were both bought by Verizon.  And they decided to combine all email support.  OATH is the new entity Verizon recently created to combine AOL and Yahoo serices. 

0 Likes