Why can't I send email from a subaccount?
ErnieLane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a main mail account, {edited for privacy}, on verizon.net, and two subaccounts:  {edited for privacy}.  From my wireless laptop, I can of course send email from {edited for privacy} and from {edited for privacy}.  But when I do (POP3) email from {edited for privacy} I get an error message "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 Authentication is required to send mail as <{edited for privacy}@verizon.net>.  Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."

I've doublechecked the settings, in particular anything about authentication, and I can't see anything.  Why is it doing this?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send email from a subaccount?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Ernie I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the email. Any email account that is setup in a program on your computer (outlook, mac mail, windows live mail, etc) needs to have server information put into it. One of those pieces of server information is how to authenticate for both incoming and outgoing email. Outgoing mail needs to be authenticated using the Verizon username and password for the account. If you have trouble locating where to put this in (Most common program is outlook and youi have to click tools > email accounts> server settings>)  Enjoy! Send me a private message if you need additional help.

Re: Why can't I send email from a subaccount?
CrankieFrankie

Have the same problem with my two sub accounts. Can send from main one but NOT from the two subs. The two subs do receive email. I'm using thunderbird 3.1.17.

0 Likes