Yahoo mail login redirected to Verizon webmail
larry722

Hello.  I am locked out of my Yahoo Mail.

This is the message I am getting.

Your account safety is our top priority

We have detected some unusual activity on your account and as a result we've temporarily locked it for your protection. You may unlock your account immediately by changing your password.

But when I click on Unlock and Change PAssword, it brings me to the Verizon Fios login page.  please help!

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo mail login redirected to Verizon webmail
JPA12

Same is happening to me. I have been using Yahoo! mail since 1999 and I am now locked out of account, stuck in this endless loop. No matter what is tried, the "Unlock and Change Your Password" link takes me back to www.verizon.com.

I have been on the phone with Verizon service reps, to no avail. One gave me a Yahoo number to call that turned out to be a phone number for questionable purposes, another time I was provided a Yahoo number that just did not work.

The only thing I can do is to escalate this at Verizon as the Yahoo! programmers are sending me here.

This is very frustrating and I am very unhappy with the stunt being pulled by Yahoo! here.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JPA1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dmshank

This has happened to me too...I used to have a Verizon account with sub-accounts beneath it when we had High Speed Internet. I am locked out of one of the sub-accounts and cannot change anything on another sub-account...when I contact Verizon, they have no evidence of the sub-accounts.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dmshank,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
TJJ2

This just happened to me last Sunday. Same message. I've had a Yahoo email for 20 years and use it as my primary. A few years back , got Verizon DSL and it came with an email I rarley use. I clicked on all the Yahoo links and it sends to the verizon home page. Spent 45 min on phone with verizon and they claimed zero responsability and stated they have never heard of such a problem. Like others I need to regain access to the Yahoo to retreive all important info. Fed up with both companies and feeling usless.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TJJ,

0 Likes
meg899han

The same has happened to me. Had the yahoo email for 20 years!  I'm at a loss for words with frustration with verizon and yahoo. There is no one at yahoo to contact and verizon keeps sending me there. 

0 Likes
meg899han

Has this issue been resolved for anyone? If so, how or who should I contact?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi meg899han,

0 Likes