bait and switch
sarasara33
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the day a verizon agent came to my house she quoted a price to me that was verified in writing and by verizon agent over the phone that was quarrenteed not to change for 24 months.  After 2 months my bill went up $35.  Now after repeated attempts to rectify this and refusing to pay the extra charge each month, Verizon is threatening to end my service.  Directv?   

0 Likes
Re: bait and switch
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sarasara33,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance with your bundle price or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
mike4867

I have the same experience!  "samantha" came to my house and she convinced me to leave comcast because the plans she could offer were much better and cheaper, she then promised that I would get all the channels including HBO and Starz, etc for a monthly total of 168.  Instead, when they came to install a few weeks ago, I was told that i don't get HBO and Starz.  They said I would have to pay additional money to get those channels that I was promised.  The rep "samantha" also says that she will be sure to credit my account for one of the 3 monthly install charges, that was not done either.  I called "samantha" and she said that she will get it fixed me for, but nothing changed.  I called her back and she has not responded.  I'm going to warn my neighbors and my town council that this switch and bait behavior is happening in my community.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mike4867,

Have you contacted Verizon Customer Support about this?  Contact Us

0 Likes
mike4867

Hi lawrence - I did contact Verizon customer service, several times.  their first response was to tell me that the rep who came to my home was misinformed.  Then I called the rep, her name is "samantha," who told me that she is right and she will fix it - but nothing.  The second call from Verizon was to tell me that they will offer me the additional channels for half-off for one year.  I demanded that they offer what I was promised, but still, they refused.  the third call was from a "concierge" service of Verizon, but she said to take it up with "samantha."  I tried that, to no avail.   Finally, i had to take advantage of the half off deal online and just accepted that I was scammed.  As it is has just been a couple weeks, I am still mulling over cancelling and just going back to Comcast.  which is too bad since Verizon does have better picture quality.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mike4867,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mike4867

Thanks, Lawrence.  I will certainly stay on top of it.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello mike4867,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your channels or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy
0 Likes