can't send emails or sign in to webmail
LR210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Despite the hour and date (April 1), this is a serious message, though I don't know how to be convincing about that!

I wrestled with my computer for hours the other day and finally got email set up to work while using our Fios ISP. All seemed ok. Today I can't send. I have the password written down, I'm sure what it is, and I don't want to change it because I want to memorize it. I can't log in to Verizon webmail either, although that worked the other day as well. Receiving emails is no problem.

I use Thunderbird.

Although I don't think this explains the problem with logging on to webmail, I use rcn.com for my email, so my emails say from that address and they say reply to that address. Something like this worked with my previous ISP, although I set that up several years ago and don't recall the details.

The odd thing is that the person I share this internet service with can send emails from her Mac. I can't figure out how to extract all the details of her email setup, though, and she uses an earthlink adress, not one from rcn as I do.

I'll admit I'm not a power user, but usually I eventually get things fixed. Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to go back to stone tablets!

This is in Massachusetts if that matters.

Thanks

LR

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't send emails or sign in to webmail
LR210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changing my password and changing back worked just fine. Will have to remember that one.

Thanks to cengle48 in message "Outlook and Mac Air e-mail rejecting valid passwords" for providing the idea. 

Someday someone will make an attempt to make computers easy to use.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LR210
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, the error messages keep asking me to "enter a new password" as they do when you put the wrong one in. But after many tries, I'm sure it's not a typo. Will try changing password and then changing it back, I guess, as suggested to in the other post from just before mine.

0 Likes
LR210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changing my password and changing back worked just fine. Will have to remember that one.

Thanks to cengle48 in message "Outlook and Mac Air e-mail rejecting valid passwords" for providing the idea. 

Someday someone will make an attempt to make computers easy to use.

0 Likes