Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
email Subaccount lost, recreate?
Geomike

Due to lack of use Verizon deleted an email subaccount last year (180 day rule). I wanted to migrate it to AOL but can't because there is no account to move in the Verizon system. After many hours on the phone and in chat sessions I was hoping that Verizon would recreate the account temporarily so I could move it as a name@verizon.net account (I don't need any email messages that might be floating around). However, they won't recreate the account even temporarily for a day. So, is there a way to have an account started from scratch at AOL with name@verizon.net?

0 Likes
Re: email Subaccount lost, recreate?
TomH121
Super User
Super User

Prior to my "official" migration notice I created an acct with AOL

******@aol.com and created a few "test" Folders

I did this to get familiar with AOL.

The official migration now allows me to use *****@verizon.net

Both accts. have separate Folders,the "test" and ALL my migrated Folders.

If you go "directly" to AOL I do not think YOU can do what you asked.

Why don't YOU try it and see what happens ?

Let ALL of us know your experience in this project.

0 Likes
Re: email Subaccount lost, recreate?
Geomike

Not what I was looking for. I'm familiar with AOL mail. I want to create a "pseudo" account on AOL using verizon.net. Verizon will not recreate even temporarily an account so that I can move it under their guise to AOL. I want to have "user@verizon.net" at AOL with "user" being the account name Verizon won't recreate for me.  It would take an email admin at Verizon about 10 seconds but they are sooo inflexible.

0 Likes