email access
MikeA21

I recently changed service from comcast to Verizon from get email downloaded to MS Outlook but would sometimes like to access it directly from the Verizon server.  How do I do that?

0 Likes
Re: email access
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn’t have email anymore. You wil have to sign up with another email provider like gmail or yahoo. Verizon just provides the internet. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF you have a verizon email then it is either was and is on Yahoo or its on AOL.  you would sign in to those email web sites.  These are Verizon companies.

If you are new to Verizon, then you can open email on whatever service you want. AOL and Yahoo offer a basic email for free, or you can use some other such as Apple, Gmail, MS, etc.

MikeA21

Thanks, Edg1 NICKEL, for the response. 

Excuse my ignorance of these processes, but are you saying that, once I have received the email, it no longer exists on a server that I can access?  It's not a critical thing but,  with Comast, if I wanted to retrieve an email deleted from my MS Outlook, I could sometimes still find it in my account at comcast.net. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MikeA21 wrote:

Excuse my ignorance of these processes, but are you saying that, once I have received the email, it no longer exists on a server that I can access?  

Actually there is a toggle in your email settings that say “leave mail on the server” however this is device dependent. So every device you use to retrieve email must have the setting showing “leave mail on server” if you use one of these devices the email will still be accessible. If you retrieve email on any device not so enabled the email will be removed from the server.

I have gone in 5-10 years later and cleaned out emails I still had. Registration and software licenses and password access mails etc. 

0 Likes