email mystery - please advise
Busybean1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a weird problem. Sometimes - not always -- I am not receiving email that is being sent to me from clients. Sometimes I do receive emails from the same clients using the same computer they always use, but on several occasions, the email doesn't come through. I have set up a gmail account, and when these clients send to that account, it arrives safely. But not to my verizon.net account. Why? 

0 Likes
Re: email mystery - please advise
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is particularly odd. Are they getting a bounceback message? Have you checked the spam folder to see if it got flagged as spam for any reason? Do you use the Verizon Webmail from our website or do you use an email program on your computer such as Outlook, Mac Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, etc.

Busybean1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Anthony, and thank you for responding to my question. I use Entourage on a MacBook, but the email messages I referenced didn't arrive either in Entourage or my Verizon Webmail. The senders don't get a bounceback, so it's especially mysterious. One of the senders usually can email me without problem but the other rarely can successfully email me at my Verizon address. Yet it comes into my gmail account with no problem. It must be just some strange bug - maybe it's a Mac issue? I know Mac and Verizon don't always play nicely together - I can't use Mac Mail, for instance. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It could be your email program once downloading the email it deletes a copy of the website. Are you able to see other messages on the website?

0 Likes
Busybean1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I do see lots of email on the web site. In fact, if I don't go into it and delete it, it tends to build up drastically. I didn't realize that and at one point had 26,000+ emails in there!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Ok thats good. Do you have this email account programmed into any other computer or device? They could possibly be downloading to the other machine. The other machine may be deleting it off the mail server after it downloads it so your main machine can't download the email.

0 Likes
Busybean1
Enthusiast - Level 2
You know, that could be it. I get email on my Blackberry and the iPad, as well as on my laptop. Maybe one of those platforms is automatically deleting email, somehow. But it only happens with two contacts -- one of them almost never can successfully get email to my Verizon account, and the other contact has trouble only randomly..other email arrives in all the devices with no problem. I really appreciate your efforts to help, but this one may be unresolvable. Thank you.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If their email is being deleted by a filter or the Spam Detector, they won't get anything back. Check your fileters and blocked senders list, then make sure your Spam Detector is set to save spam to your Spam folder. Check there for messages from those senders.

0 Likes
Lauren110

Thank you for this information. This has just also started happening to me.  People are responding to my emails but

I have not record of it. They do not get a bounce back.   It happens radmomly across users.  Sometimes I get their reply, sometimes I do not.

0 Likes
email mystery - please advise
tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

Very similiar what happens when I email this one particular person from my Verizon webmail  to this   person's Verizon webmail also using verizon.net email address.

the other person has a Mac as I am using Windows .  it doesn't make any difference if I send from IE or Firefox.

My message never arrives.  Nothing is being blocked...  no bounce back to me,  not in person's spam, it just never arrives in the person's inbox.

I can send a email to the other person's gmail account and my email arrives fine. I can receive all this person's email to me. 

The other person does use Firefox/Safari browser.   All other emails arrives fine for this person just not able to

receive from any other Verizon email address users.  ????     where does my email to this person go ?

0 Likes