email
Not applicable

In email, when I highlight text and try to change font, color, italics, etc. it will not work.

It works ok on a document in word, but not in my email. How do I fix this?

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: email
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@DWM wrote:

In email, when I highlight text and try to change font, color, italics, etc. it will not work.

It works ok on a document in word, but not in my email. How do I fix this?

thanks.

Hello,

What email program are you using to compose your email messages?

If I use Verizon webmail via mail.verizon.com or verizon.com, the text formatting for draft email works fine.

Also, check to make sure that you are using 'Rich Text' versus 'Plain Text'. 

The latter (plain text) does not support text formatting; hence, you cannot make your text all fancy with highlight/different font/color/italics, etc.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

I am using mail.verizon.com and I am using Rich Text.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@DWM wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I am using mail.verizon.com and I am using Rich Text.

Hello,

Can you provide more details then of what exactly happens when you try to highlight the text of your email message or when you try to change the background color?

Do you see the formatting options right above your message box -- Undo, Redo, B (for Bold), I for Italicize, U for Underline, strikethrough, numbered list, bulleted list, indents, alignment settings, foreground color and background color?

If you do not see the above options and it says 'Rich Text' underlined, you have to click on that 'Rich Text' to change it to such as you are still on 'Plain Text'.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It reads exactly as you stated, including the words "plain text" which means I am in Rich Text.

What happens is I highlight the text, then as soon as I click on, for example "italics," the highlight disapears.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am in rich text, but can no longer highlight text in email and then change the color or font. I can highlight it, but as soon as I click, for example, "italics" the text is no longer highlighted and it does not change. As you see, I can do it in this message. Also, I am unable to change anything in email settings under "signature." Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes