embedded pictures
emailrwz

I have the  problem receiving embedded pictures (JPG) with my (FIOS) email account. This problem exist when I check my Verizon Email using Verizon webmail and/or Outlook. Instead of seeing the picture, I get a box with the red X, where the embedde picture should be. As a test, I had my friend send me an Email with embedded pictures to my Verizon Email account and on the same Email he copied my Yahoo Email account (Yahoo email is not linked to Verizon). I see the embedded pictures in my Yahoo Email, but got the red X on my Verizon Email (Webmail and Outlook). My Verizon Email setting is "Images in HTML Email = Show all images".

This issues looks like it is definitely a Verizon problem.

0 Likes
Re: embedded pictures
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the images. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you about this.

0 Likes
mas99

Was this ever resolved.  My wife had the same problem again when I sent her some pictures last night. I sent them simply as attachments and then embedded in an e-mail.  She also gets them showing up saying they are attached as winmail.dat files sometimes too. Right now, I have the first problem.

When I look in my verizon webmail, I can see the pictures.  How can I tell if her webmail was upgraded?  Could that have anything to do with it?

0 Likes
porphery

I have the same problem and would like to know if this was resolved and what can be done to fix it? It's weird to have a Verizon email account and have to go elsewhere to read my mail.

0 Likes
BlueStreak1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem, but mostly with another Verizon user.  He uses webmail, but I use a mail client (Netscape).  The client works just fine with practically every other email sender.

As luck would have it, I just received an email from him with an image in it.  The mail looked perfect when viewed in webmail.  After downloading it, the image was "attached" at the bottom of the text, instead of in the box where it should have appeared.  I have the client configured to display attached images in-line, which works as expected for everyone else.

??

0 Likes