Hi Peanuts:

Yes I received the same message and completed the migration successfully 

3/6/17

My Location: Bergen County NJ

0 Likes
Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I rec'd the msg. also and chose to keep verizon.net and use AOL but the links provided in the msg did not bring up any AOL instructions.

When you did the migration did it give you settings for AOL?

0 Likes
nomail757

I also received message with no link to sign up. After signing into my webmail, I chose option and nothing happened... went right to my webmail account as usual. AOLsignup page link not there. Verizon needs to resend message with an active link.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
The_Mustang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if this impacts the yahoo.verizon accounts?

0 Likes
The_Mustang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat. haven't heard or seen anything that may affect yahoo.verizon.

0 Likes
Verizon email service move by April 10th notification
Flyerguy90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my notification in the mail.  Deadline April 10th.

So now, because you can't figure out a way to offload simple legacy storage from your precious servers (because storage is so dang expensive these days), we as Verizon customers have to give up the comfortable and hassle free email we've enjoyed for years (and in some cases used as a reason to RETAIN your services over other competing co's like Comcast), we now have to just ditch all of that and make use of the lowest form of adverstising and spam-infested virus collection sites known as web-based email.

I haven't gotten a spam email in over 3 years with this service and the very simple and easy to organize Windows Live Mail program on my desktop.  Now, I will be forced to use some skeevy hotmail or aol browser based service that will give me 10-20 useless items a day that must be managed.  Fantastic.

This is just extremely disappointing.  Really, really bad idea, Verizon.

Re: Verizon email service move by April 10th notification
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, if you choose to migrate to AOL.com.  You can keep everything exactly the same EXCEPT the Web interface.

0 Likes
abnormalbooks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can not BELIEVE that you are forcing us back to the '80s for our email.  I haven't used AOL email since forever.  So from Outlook to AOL; what a downgrade.  I have not been all that impressed with Verizon services-to-cost ratio for a long time and now you are providing even less service.

Very disappointed again.  And AOL?  Really?  Sad.  But I bet YOU ALL save a lot of $.   I also bet your customers will not see any of that savings.  The American Way is alive and thriving at Verizon.  Long may you reign! 

AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry, this thread should NOT be marked as solved.

Verizon to AOL Question
LearyinSC

Does anyone know the answer to this one: Besides a Verizon In-Box, I have TONS of verizon.net email stored in various topical folders under my gmail account. Will those messages be safe and remain as they are inside those gmail folders or will they migrate or will they be irretrevable after I migrate my verizon In-Box???

Thx.

0 Likes