Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
MicroTech1
Enthusiast

I am glad you are happy with switch.  I never had a problem with online banking and email notifications at Verizon.  AOL  is causing me some grief.  Does anyone know how Spectrum is as a network provider?  May consider moving if I can't resolve.  I hate to move, too much work when you have been with a company for years.

0 Likes
Please help-Subaccount Migration
Lidge
Enthusiast

I received emails to tell me to choose my AOL or find my own provider.  When you click on the links provided, it takes you to the sign-in page of Verizon Fios which only allows you to input the main account email which was set up when the account was set up.  I assumed that by doing so, all my subaccounts would migrate too.  Well, today is the day they pulled the plug and my subaccount (my main email address for EVERYTHING) does not work.  By reading these forums, it appears I should have received a separate email for each subaccount.  Not only did I not receive that, but every email takes you to the same sign in page which can only be accessed with your main (original) email address, that is the one you pay your bill with.  How in the world do we fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Please help-Subaccount Migration
tns2
Super User
Super User

@Lidge wrote:

I received emails to tell me to choose my AOL or find my own provider.  When you click on the links provided, it takes you to the sign-in page of Verizon Fios which only allows you to input the main account email which was set up when the account was set up.  I assumed that by doing so, all my subaccounts would migrate too.  Well, today is the day they pulled the plug and my subaccount (my main email address for EVERYTHING) does not work.  By reading these forums, it appears I should have received a separate email for each subaccount.  Not only did I not receive that, but every email takes you to the same sign in page which can only be accessed with your main (original) email address, that is the one you pay your bill with.  How in the world do we fix this?



As mentioned previously, other than aliases, each email id is migrated separately and often at different times. 

Try skipping the main signin page and going directly to http://webmail.verizon.com . If for some reason the sub accounts still are not working CONTACT THEM, probably best by phoning 1-800-VERIZON.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
MicroTech1
Enthusiast

Some of needed email goes to the SPAM filter.  Be careful.  Never had the problem with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
JimJoe1
Enthusiast

This is one of the worst moves Verizon has made.

It may change my mide of staying with Verizon.

AOL is awful. to many ads.

Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
Tess2564
Newbie

I read that those who use Yahoo for their Verizon email are not affected at this time.

0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
tns2
Super User
Super User

@Tess2564 wrote:

I read that those who use Yahoo for their Verizon email are not affected at this time.


Yes that is true.

0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
gardenDC
Newbie

I have not received any notification to move from yahoo/verizon to AOL mail. Is that still the plan, if yes, when can I expect to be informed of what I need to do next? Since I have not received any 'move' notification, am I correct in assuming I am still paying for a verizon email service?

thx!

0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
tns2
Super User
Super User

@gardenDC wrote:

I have not received any notification to move from yahoo/verizon to AOL mail. Is that still the plan, if yes, when can I expect to be informed of what I need to do next? Since I have not received any 'move' notification, am I correct in assuming I am still paying for a verizon email service?

thx!


You are actually on Yahoo.   At this point they don't have any change planned.  This is pretty much the same thing as those who have been migrated to AOL.  In each case you still use a verizon.net email id, although they are not actually on Verizon servers.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Bruiser5
Newbie

AOL email client ius a piece of crap.  Runs slow, bogs down on IE.  More crap with ads.  I hope Verizon is not giving any money to AOl for those who switched to it.  I would never pay for their service, AOL was better back in the day when it ran at ) OC3 rates and less.

0 Likes