setting default fonts on email
Rigby211

For a long time I have happily been sending email via Verizon webmail with font in my own preferred style and size.  This feature is suddenly no longer working and my email keeps reverting to Times New Roman (16 pt) -- which is difficult for me to read.  I enter the preferred font and "save" in settings--but once I begin an email it reverts to the Times New Roman setting.  Any idea of what changed and how I can get back to my preferred default setting (which was 18 pt/Tahoma) ??

0 Likes
Re: setting default fonts on email
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Did you try saving your settings and then close the browser entirely. Now reopen the browser and log back into your email and  try composing an email to see what happens.

0 Likes
-jar

I agree with the original poster of this question. I AM able to save the font style/size of the signature, but am unable to change the font style/size of the content of the email through confirmation setting. There is an RTF tool bar, which allows for real-time, once-only font settings in the active email being created. But I see nothing about retaining this setting for future emails. Unfortunately for we end-users, I found Verizon's post below that confirms this lack of capability. Wish they would put this feature back.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/highspeed/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/12196...

0 Likes
ljbeertourist

Sadly, even that link from Verizon no longer exists. This would seem to be such a simple feature to provide...

0 Likes
Grazer1

Perhaps this issue remains unresolved.  I have tried setting the default font and restarting the browser, but the email font remains Georgia, whereas the default font is set at Tahoma.  Even when composing the email, the font sometimes reverts to Georgia.  Is there anything further on this issue, or is it a defect of Verizon webmail?

0 Likes
step5

For some reason the space alloted for my email on the compose screen has been limited to a few lines of space at bottom of screen.  The rest of the page is over-sized and crowds out the mail compose screen. Font is fine, and all else works except there is only about three lines open for composing an email.  How to resize?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Started Composing  an email to test various fonts this is what I got

Tahoma Now is the time
Times Roman for all good men
Comic Sans MS to come to the aid of their party ( here I changed the size as well)
Georgia and vote

I noticed that after you choose a font and start typing the font style you chose disappears but the message you are typing stays in that font

I then sent it to my gmail acct...all the fonts were now the same on my gmail on my iPad

0 Likes