setting up outlook 2010
quasar44

After setting up details of my account on outlook, I get an error message on the attempt to send an email.  The message says authentication required.  What do i do now??

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: setting up outlook 2010
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@quasar44 wrote:

After setting up details of my account on outlook, I get an error message on the attempt to send an email.  The message says authentication required.  What do I do now?? ...

In Outlook 2010, you need to dig into your account settings  to determine what type of authentication is required.  Look into "File/Account Settings/Change .../More Settings ..." and so on and eventually under "Advanced," see if you are using port 995 and if the SSL check box is indeed checked.

Note that this is what works for me, and you may find that details are slightly different on your setup.  For additional ideas and suggestions, check this forum post:
 http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Microsoft-Outlook-email-problem/m-p/462053#M8856
Re: setting up outlook 2010
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also remember that www.verizon.com/repair has all the settings you will need for your email clients, including generic set up for Droid and Verizon Set up for IPHONE/ITOUCH AND IPAD  ios's  

0 Likes