spam email
egghead1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My spam filter is activated but not working. The same spam emails keeping showing up in my inbox. How do I prevent that?

Re: spam email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon spam filter is so so.  Far from the best one available.

You decrease the chance of such spam coming in again by marking it as spam (if using the webmail interface) or sending a copy to them at

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

setup windows live or windows mail n the safelist

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

Since MAR, SPAM is ridiculous!  Wife had to create new address and notify hundreds of community contacts. Never a problem before. Filters ON. I forward to spamdetector. Hasn't eased up.  What happened?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JRTEMT wrote:

Since MAR, SPAM is ridiculous!  Wife had to create new address and notify hundreds of community contacts. Never a problem before. Filters ON. I forward to spamdetector. Hasn't eased up.  What happened?

It is always related to how much and to what sites your email is exposed.

I have two Verizon email accounts (related to my two homes).  The older one (maybe ten years old) gets 6 to 12 spams a day not caught by the spam filter and another dozen caught by the Verizon spam filter.  The newer (1 1/2 years old) has gotten one spam to date.

frisolj

How can I stop spam email?  Spam filter is turned on, and I have been forwarding the emails to "spamdetectornotcaught" as recommended by Verizon.  Nothing seems to help. 

0 Likes