sub-accounts added 4/25/14 appear as good accounts but won't receive mail
apollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

The title tells pretty much the story.

I have several sub-accounts that are working fine, but when I tried to open a new one on 4/25, it took and stored all the info.  If I logged in as the primary user, the new acct showed up in my list of sub-accounts.  BUT the account will not receive any mail. When in log into MyVerizon with the new account name and password, it accepts them, but shows no e-mail icon on the secreen (the older sub-acts do, with 0 e-mials in the inbox).

I've worked with Tech Support and gotten the pass-the-hot-potato routine.  Super-support advisors say the account is there and active, and they have no idea why they are not working.

Suggestion:  Could some experienced readers try to open a sub-accout and report their results?

I'll try again Sat morning and see if it miraculously is fixed.  If so, I'll report back.

Thanks,

"apollos"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: sub-accounts added 4/25/14 appear as good accounts but won't receive mail
apollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dumb user solves his own problem.

Prompted by a message I saw on this board, I went back and examined the set-up page (for about the 20th time) and this time I DID see that there is a box to check to activate e-mail.  Test e-mail received.  The system is working "wihin normal parameters".  This tired user was not.

Strange that the tech and supervisors that connected to my computer did not see the missing "check" for e-mail...

I hope I provided a few chuckles ...

As a wise person once said: "A mind is a terrible thing to loose..."

View solution in original post

Re: sub-accounts added 4/25/14 appear as good accounts but won't receive mail
apollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dumb user solves his own problem.

Prompted by a message I saw on this board, I went back and examined the set-up page (for about the 20th time) and this time I DID see that there is a box to check to activate e-mail.  Test e-mail received.  The system is working "wihin normal parameters".  This tired user was not.

Strange that the tech and supervisors that connected to my computer did not see the missing "check" for e-mail...

I hope I provided a few chuckles ...

As a wise person once said: "A mind is a terrible thing to loose..."