sub accounts don't work
kitlov88

i have been setting up sub accounts but when i try to log into them i am told "that email address does not exist in our records".  when i check my sub accounts on the "my account"  page they are there but i cannot log in.   this has been going on for months.  what does it take to set up a sub account.  i do not want to do live chat .  i will not give up remote control of my computer ever again  - big problems the  one and only time i did it  ( with verizon coincidentally).  any suggestions?  thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: sub accounts don't work
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kitlov88 wrote:

i have been setting up sub accounts but when i try to log into them i am told "that email address does not exist in our records".  when i check my sub accounts on the "my account"  page they are there but i cannot log in.   this has been going on for months.  what does it take to set up a sub account.  i do not want to do live chat .  i will not give up remote control of my computer ever again  - big problems the  one and only time i did it  ( with verizon coincidentally).  any suggestions?  thanks!!

Based on the symptoms you are describing, my guess is that you've hit your lifetime sub account limit. You can only create 25 sub accounts with email access. You'll need to actually contact Verizon support though to check on the status of the accounts in question. They shouldn't need to remote your pc at all, since they just need to check the accounts in their systems.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 That is Interesting. #2 However I have some questions, starting with: Is that the total accounts that an user can have #3 OR is the total accounts that be created? #4 By can have, I mean the total number of accounts that can be created and be active. #5 If the total number of accounts created but they don't have to active accounts, why does Verizon do that? #6 Thanks.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dslr595148 wrote:
#1 That is Interesting. #2 However I have some questions, starting with: Is that the total accounts that an user can have #3 OR is the total accounts that be created? #4 By can have, I mean the total number of accounts that can be created and be active. #5 If the total number of accounts created but they don't have to active accounts, why does Verizon do that? #6 Thanks.

The information is found in Verizon's Email Policy. Here is the section in question:

Sub-Accounts

In addition to a primary e-mail address, broadband customers are permitted to establish up to 8 additional e-mail accounts, commonly referred to as sub-accounts, associated with their primary Verizon Online email account. Sub-accounts can be deleted and new sub-accounts created, up to a lifetime maximum of 25 sub-accounts per primary Verizon Online email address.

As for why Verizon has decided to do things this way... You would have to ask them. I'm just the crazy person that actually reads the ToS before signing things.