syncing email across apple devices - c'mon Verizon, it's not an uncommon problem...
smac3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen some posts on here asking about syncing Verizon email accounts across Apple devices - I have an iphone, 2 ipads, and an imac, and when I delete an email on one device, it doesn't delete on any of the other devices, so I have to delete the same email 4 times.   The short of it is - it's not possible.  Verizon says it's an Apple problem, Apple says it's a Verizon problem.  It's a ridiculous problem for a telecommunications company and a technology company to have with each other.  Figure it out, Verizon!!!!!!!!!

Re: syncing email across apple devices - c'mon Verizon, it's not an uncommon problem...
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IMPOSSIBLE with pop/smtp type service.

You can reduce problems by setting all but one of your devices to not delete incoming email.  For that one set  for a period say a week before it deletes older mail from the server.  And CC yourself for all sent mail you want to see on all deivces.

Re: syncing email across apple devices - c'mon Verizon, it's not an uncommon problem...
smac3
Enthusiast - Level 2
Exactly my point - I think it would be a smart business move for Verizon to offer a different type of email service for Apple users.
In the meantime, I have to use a cumbersome, inelegant solution to manage the problem.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

According to their response to this idea in the Idea Exchange:

We have strategically chosen POP3 Email architecture to minimize storage costs. Please know that each master email account has 2GB of storage and if the user does not POP their email, the email is accessible from anywhere with internet access via myverizon.com.

You are welcome to vote for the idea, but Verizon doesn't seem to be interested in IMAP.

0 Likes
rockymoose
It is getting very old to have to delete three times. Verizon needs IMAP.
0 Likes
rockymoose
I agree its getting old very quickly. Verizon needs IMAP.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lots of reasons to NOT want IMAP.   ANd it does cost lots of server space especially with people sending big attachments e.g. pictures.

Verizon is not the only ISP chosing not to offer IMAP.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

it's all about customer service something verizon has no clue about

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you really need IMAP switch your email to one of the free services like GMAIL.

0 Likes