where are the email setting for OUTLOOK 2013?
Scorp007
Enthusiast - Level 2

My outlook 2013 only seems to work with the old incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net settings with the old ports.  If I change anything to be like what they recommend on this website, it doesn't work - connection times out or I get an error.

Where is Verizon's definitive instructions on setting up their email with Outlook 2013?

I see a lot of people guessing as to what they should do, but I see very little real response or answers from Verizon.

I have just let it go with the old stuff when I got no answers before, but the last few weeks, 2 different installations of Outlook on 2013 started having the same problem with Verizon accounts.  Which seems to point to a problem with verizon.  It keeps asking us for password validation.. over and over and over.

So, I thought maybe they had changed something at verizon, since we haven't changed anything anywhere else.  I tried the pop.verizon.net ... etc settings again with the same problem.  and still, no real information on outlook 2013 email setup.

very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: where are the email setting for OUTLOOK 2013?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: pop.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 995

Outgoing Server: smtp.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 465

If you are given the option anywhere for Secure Password Authentication (SPA), set it to No or Normal

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.

0 Likes
Re: where are the email setting for OUTLOOK 2013?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is your set up

Using Windows 7 Professional

START>>CONTROL PANEL>>ALL CONTROL PANEL ITEMS>>MAIL(Microsoft Outlook 2013)

>>MAIL SET UP>>ACCOUNT SETTINGS>:>EMAIL ACCOUNTS>>REPAIR>>MANUAL SETUP

THEN USE somegirl info 1-22-2015  10:25 pm

Been working for me for several years now.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN

0 Likes