Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Double data on one account line
JCSnook

I would like to be contacted by a customer support representative to resolve the matter of a double data feature being removed from one of the phone lines on my account.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service issue, filing a complaint
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

JCSnook wrote:

I would like to be contacted by a customer support representative to resolve the matter of a double data feature being removed from one of the phone lines on my account.

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  Verizon reps occasionally respond, but not to every post.  You may want to contact Customer Service.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

And the double-the-data promotion should remain intact as long as a 4G phone is kept on the line.

0 Likes
JCSnook

I've tried that...to no avail   It's time to go further up the food chain

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JCSnook, I'll be happy to help with this double data feature being removed from your account. What caused the change? Did you activate a different phone? Is it within 14 days of the change?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JCSnook

The change happened when the phone ending in 2197 was damaged and had to be sent in for a warranty repair.  So my son was not without a phone while his 4G smart phone was being repaired, I put one of our old multi-media phones back on the plan.

It was not disclosed to me by Verizon that by doing this, I would lose the double data feature.  Nor did I notice the feature was removed until I started to receive the data overage warnings from Verizon, which was more than 14 days of the change.

The double data feature is still on two other 4G smart phone lines on the plan, so I don't understand why this is such a problem to re-establish the feature back on the third 4G smartphone on the plan.  It's just a matter of getting to the right person at Verizon who has the ability/authority to do it.

I've been a loyal customer for many many years...since back when it was GTE Mobilenet, and am most frustrated with not being able to resolve this particular matter.  I've made several calls to the help line in an attempt to resolve this, to no avail.  I have been promised calls back...but have NEVER received one.

If this is not resolved, rest assured that Verizon will lose my home and cell phone service.

0 Likes
JCSnook

I'm wondering why the double data feature wasn't automatically put back on the 2197 number when the 4G smart phone was repaired and put back on the plan?  It was automatically removed...why wasn't it automatically put back on.  I, in no way, changed my plan, just temporarily swapped out a phone during a warranty repair.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You lost the double-the-data promo when you put a basic (the multimedia phone) phone on the line.  As noted earlier, the promotion requires that a 4G phone remain on the line or you lose the promotion.

JCSnook

Yes, I know all that.  I just want it put back on.

As stated...it was never disclosed to me that I would lose any features when I put the multi-media phone "temporarily" back that my plan.  If it was, I would not have done it.  And...if it was "automatically" removed, why was it not "automatically" put back on when the 4G phone was replaced and put back on the plan?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It's not going to be put back on.  The promotion was automatically removed because you removed the 4G phone that was on the line.  It wasn't automatically put back on because it no longer exists for that line ... you lost the promotion when the 4G phone was removed from the line.

JCSnook

Who are you?  Are you a Verizon Customer Support representative?  If not...let them respond.

0 Likes