Adding Apple Watch Ultra - Fees
jwages
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon fees are out of control. I already pay for the Unlimited Play More plan and I expected that adding a new Apple Watch Ultra would be $10 as advertised. It's actually $18.05. The surcharges for the Apple Watch are over $7 per mo PLUS gov taxes and fees. AND Verizon still wants more than $35 to process this shared number request? Totally ridiculous. What exactly is being "shared" other than the 10 digit phone number?

This, coupled with the confounding nature of how they describe and itemize charges and provide account details and their clunky webstore, makes Verizon a poor investment compared to the ease and transparency of providers like T Mobile - who I will return to. For a California resident, the coverage differences are nominal. Verizon, you guys might as well be owned and run by the federal government.

Re: Adding Apple Watch Ultra - Fees
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there jwages and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you feel this way about your new device and we would never want to see you leave us. The first bill after adding a new device will always bit higher than what it will be normally because of the charges that you have mentioned. These fees are standard and should be listed on all the purchasing agreements you signed when selecting to add the watch. If you have any additional questions about the breakdown of charges, we are here to help.

-Candice

0 Likes
jwages
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the fees are listed in a confusing breakdown prior to viewing the contract agreement. Along with a pending phone number that added more confusion since this was a shared number request. The service charge of $35+ might be standard but it’s also completely unreasonable. The new services were being added online through an automated service. And this is not a new service request. I’m extending existing service. So I have pay 35 dollars to pay 18 dollars for a 10 dollar service. Ya, that pencils. 

thomasharding99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hear ya. My wife and I just got two new lines on Verizon. I paid close to $200 when I activated the new lines, then paid my first month of service at about $135. I thought I was done. Now I see another $355 due in a few days, and then another monthly fee at the end of this month. So much for free phones. Corporate greed 100%.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also would be concerned if I was receiveing a higher than expected bill, thoamasharding99. We are here to help. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us so we can better assist.

-Joseph

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still here to provide support. If you prefer, we do have other support channels that you can reach out to for assistance. You can review all of our support options here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/  ~Peter

0 Likes