5 Free blocks not working.
dyspathy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everybody, I'm trying to block a phone number from being able to text/call. I found out that Verizon offers up to 5 for free under Security and Safety > Block Calls and Messages. I added the number there (it's from a different state, I don't know if that matters) and it's been close to 2 days now. I am still getting texts/phone calls from them. Why isn't the block working? Does me having dashes in the number have any affect? Any other suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: 5 Free blocks not working.
dyspathy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bump.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you look at your list of numbers that are supposed to be blocked is the number in question listed there? Did you get a notification that your feature change was processed?

I recently blocked a number and I received two emails regarding this change to my account confirming that it was completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I just tried and a pop up error screen showed up saying the process was not available. So I hit save again and the request went through.

So I suggest ya try again and make sure the confirmation screen pops up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do remember seeing an error message when I blocked a number and few days ago. I tried again and it worked and I got the confirmation email later.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dyspathy-

I want to ensure this works for you! Is this still an issue? Have these numbers been blocked now? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dyspathy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not get a pop-up window confirming anything. I also got no emails. It was not working still, however the person I was trying to block willingly stopped finally. If they continue and it still isn't working then I will update the post.

0 Likes