Alarm and calendar reliability
lavasprint

Hi I've seen an old thread on alarms on Gusto 3 phones.  The suggestions might help but my problem is like this -

Any alarm, if it's the first alarm, will work but not the 2nd 3rd 4th etcetera.  This is true whether or not the time is set for 5:00 or 5:01 or 4:59. 

Calendar appointments/reminders refuse to ring.   One setting for daily 4:30 p.m. always works.  Nothing else does, daily, recurring, one-time, weekend, customize, weekday, whatever.   Nothing rings.   No explanation ever shows itself.  The ringtone is always "on" the setting as I set it, no ring.  Ever.   Book reminders pass, library fines ensue - my non-ringing due date is still there.  Gun shows missed - non functional reminder is still there.  Routine weekly errands remembered on my own.  Never rang.   This phone shouldn't have a problem with data interfering.  I had to turn off something so it wouldn't deplete the battery in a no-signal building, but the problem existed before and after.    I think that's all pertaining to the alarm settings.

I've so far begun to think it's only capable of one reminder; doesn't do multiple events.   If only...is there some way I could force it to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alarm and calendar reliability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lavasprint, a missing/non working alarm would have me just as concerned. Especially if it is affecting all notifications through calendars.

By chance, is your phone fully updated? B311V.NG2 is the current software available for this model.

Here are the steps to get to this area to review:

From the main screen, press OK to choose Menu.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Settings and Tools then press OK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Phone Info then press OK.

Select SW/HW Version then press OK.

View the S/W version.

Please keep us posted. The software does affect something with the displayed time, which may or may not affect the issue, but it is definitely one considering.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lavasprint

I have B311V.NB2  Time displays fine (whew!)  Don't know what kinda software I can get.  I have a lifeline program that recently reduced the number of brand switches you can do.   The only reason I got this one is that Motorola razor phone was discontinued.   I loved most of its features! 

0 Likes
lavasprint

Hey, something happened this morning.    I got a text at 7:53.

I received two texts simultaneously at 8:27 a.m.    They were "stored" at 7:46 and 8:12, and "received" 8:27. 

This has never happened when my phone was turned on.  Only when my phone is off, charging.

(P.S.  Why is my name coming up on the forum, sometimes my name and sometimes my username?)

0 Likes