Any users of Samsung Convoy 3 with Phonak Compilot
CeConser

My Samsung Convoy 3 will not answer calls with my Phonak Compilot and Phonak Bolero Q hearing aids unless I set the phone to Auto Answer.  Any help with phone settings would be appreciated.  The Verizon store where I purchased the phone was absolutely of no help, and their disinterest in my problem was obvious.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any users of Samsung Convoy 3 with Phonak Compilot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CeConser let's work to make your phone experience better. I regret the experience you had previously with us. We want to you be able to get the most of your phone. Have you tried setting the Phone to answer with any key? Settings/Call Settings/Answer Options This might give you an option to still see who is calling before answering. I would also suggest reaching out to Phonak for additional support.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CeConser

I have tried all three of the available answer options, Flip open (FO) Any Key (AK) and Auto with Handsfree( AH), individually, in all possible pairs, and all three together.  Only when AH is included does the phone answer calls and put them through the hearing aids.  When AH is not selected, the phone will ring, display the caller ID info, and answer the call when I FO or AK, but nothing comes through the aids, even though the Compilot and the phone are paired and connected.

The local Veterans Clinic that issued me these aids and the Compilot spent about 1 1/2 hours with me trying different combinations with the phone and Compilot settings, but ended with the same results above.

My next planned step is to disconnect the Compilot from my phone, and then pair the Compilot with my wife's LG Extrovert 2 phone this afternoon after she arrives home, and attempt to see if the Compilot will operate properly with that phone.  This should isolate if the phone or the Compilot is at fault.

This experience has been very frustrating, because when I purchased the Samsung Convoy 3 phone from my local Verizon store, I told the sales people that the reason I was purchasing a new phone was that my previous phone had no Bluetooth capability, and that I needed a new phone with Bluetooth capability to use with the new hearing aids that the VA clinic was providing, and included the hearing aid information to them at that time.  It was the people at that same store that demonstrated a extreme disinterest in helping me determine the needed phone settings to work with the hearing aids after they were issued.  That store received an appropriate rating from me when I was solicited to review my purchase shortly after that.

Phonak's web site has a compatability cross reference that says the Convoy phone, and the Compilot are "fully compatible".  My review of the needed Bluetooth profiles for the Compilot from that products User Manual, ( PBAP, HSP/HFP, and A2DP) and those available on the phone indicate that all of the proper profiles are available.

I have been using the AA settings, and that does function, BUT there are times and calls when AA is not acceptable.  Not having the phone ring, or identifying the incoming caller ID, so that I can choose to not accept the call, is more than a minor inconvenience. The Compilot main button does function to terminate those unacceptable calls.  Calls that I do want to accept are clear and having the Bluetooth feeding through the hearing aids is great!   Any help that can be provided would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
CeConser

OK, I disconnected the Compilot from my Convoy 3, and then we paired, and then connected, the Compilot to my wife's LG Extrovert 2 cell phone.  Her phone had answer options set at Any Key and Slide out, which we left unchanged.  I called her cell phone from our home land line, her phone rang at the phone and about one ring later ID'd the caller and then rang in my hearing aids.  I pushed the Compilot main button, just as the Compilot manual states, and the call came through just fine.  With her LG phone the whole setup worked just as the VA Clinic personnel said it was supposed to operate.

To me, this clearly isolates the problem to be the Convoy phone, and only leaves the question of: is it this particular instrument, or this model of phone?

I hope this additional testing and information is helpful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CeConser We want to get finality to this Bluetooth situation. I appreciate that you have done plenty of research on this issue. The fact that your device and hearing aids is encouraging. The concern and detail here is seeing if this is a limitation of the software design and available functions on either device or a manufacturer's defect.
The testing with another phone is indeed an excellent next step. If it does function with the LG phone, then it would indeed point to the phone limitation or defect. However if it works in the same way with the other phone then it would be the device issues. Try that test first and if it is a device issue, please reach out to http://www.samsung.com/us/ 888-987-4357.

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CeConser

Clearly my response in 3 above has demonstrated that the problem is with the phone, not the hearing aids, yet there has been no response from Verizon in the month since I posted that response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CeConser, let's get this issue fixed. I know that you have been working on this for a while. I sent you a Private Message. Could you reply to it, so we can get this fixed?
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
CeConser

Joel - Where and how do I access the private message?  Texting messages are blocked for my phone on this account, so if that is where it was sent, please email to me at my email of record on this account.

Thanks, Charlie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CeConser,

We apologize for any confusion of our previous message.  Please check your inbox by logging into your community account, click the arrow next to your username, then choose Inbox & Activity. Reply to the message we've sent from there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes