Backup Assistant
Drande2

I was using a LG 5500 prepaid phone for the last 3 years but recently misplaced/lost it. At some point in the past I put all my contacts into Verizon Backup Assistant. I have purchased a replacement phone (Pantech Caper) but I can not find a way to retrieve my contacts from Backup Assistant. I have a PIN number for my BA but no luck with finding how to use it. Are all my contacts lost?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Drande2,

I am sorry to hear about you losing your device! I am glad you were able to get a replacement. Where you able to see where you could enter the pin number when accessing the Backup Assistant? You can try to going through the media center via these steps http://tiny.cc/yj7w8w . Afterwards, follow the prompts to enter the pin number.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Drande2,

I am sorry to hear about you losing your device! I am glad you were able to get a replacement. Where you able to see where you could enter the pin number when accessing the Backup Assistant? You can try to going through the media center via these steps http://tiny.cc/yj7w8w . Afterwards, follow the prompts to enter the pin number.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
comp_704

I recently replaced my lost phone with a Pantech Caper and can't seem to get Backup Assistant to work. When I follow the steps above, it doesn't give me the option to enter my pin. It directs me to "backup" or "close". How can I restore my contacts to this device? Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. comp_704. Let's see what we can do to get your contacts synced properly with your new Pantech Caper. You mentioned that you recently replaced your prior phone with this new phone. Was this phone purchased brand new? If it wasn't, it is possible that it has retained data from the prior phone, and this is why Backup Assistant has not recovered your contacts. You will need to run a factory reset. This way the prior phone number is fully erased from this phone's memory.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes