Bluetooth/Data charges?
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an older phone a W755 if I use it to connect to my computer and transfer pictures will they charge me for the data. I have no data plan, and the phone is older than some on the board probably.

thanks Bruce

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth/Data charges?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon is not going to charge you for Bluetooth data transfer. They can't do they even if they wanted too. The data connection is going from your device to your computer directly.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reason was because I had a hefty data charge on my phone this month and the only reason I could think of is that I transferred a few pictures to the computer and with it being an older phone I was unsure. thanks.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well there is no way you will get a charge via bluetooth

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bruce, transferring your pictures is crucial, especially to avoid losing your personal memories. No worries, we are here to help. How were you looking to connect your phone to the computer? Which steps were you thinking of doing to transfer the photos? How are your pictures saved? What computer operating system do you have? What exactly happens when you are attempting to transfer the media?

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I have no problem transferring. I had tried it, because I can not hook my phone up to the computer by cord. My computer came with Bluetooth which I had never really tried, so last month I used and was able to transfer the photo's I needed. When I received my statement their was a substantial charge for data which I did not know where it came from since I have a Motorola W755. They took it off my bill, but was not sure if it was the transferring the pictures because it was an older model. Still not sure where the data charge came from, since the phone is really old lol. Thanks Bruce

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

basic phones can use data. Have for a long time.

0 Likes