Brick basic phones
StuartDuke

yo.

I am over smart phones. I want to use an old Nokia brick but the website shows me that only touch screen smartphones are compatible with Verizon. I've visited my local Verizon retailer and was told that any phone, no matter how old, can work with Verizon if it says "Verizon" on the actual phone.

Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brick basic phones
StuartDuke

Nokia smartphone*

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If you want to use a old fashion basic/dumb/flip phone it has to be one of the newer one with LTE in them. CDMA only phones can no longer be activated on the network

Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The good old Nokia brick phones, I remember those, StuartDuke. Thanks for reaching out to us here. Was there a specific reason on why you want to go back some years on a device? Is there something currently wrong with the phone you have now? 

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StuartDuke

My iPhone 6s is fine. Im just more interested in a device with buttons, no updates, no real social distractions other than direct contact. Sure there is nostalgia there, hence wanting a Nokia. I hear that by 2020 1g, 2g, and 3g technology will be of the past and I wanna use it while I still can.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

As I said as of July 1st you can no longer activate CDMA only phones. These are your choices Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes