Can Anyone Help Me Pair My Device With A Micro SD Card?
fcso313

Purchased a Samsung Convoy 4 two days ago and a Samsung EVO+ 32GB micro sd card for it at best buy. After transferring photos, ringtones, and contacts to the sd card, my phone will not recognize the content on the micro sd card. How do I correct the issue so the content on the sd card can be used on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: micro sd card issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Copy all the files back to your computer, even better if they are still there and merely COPIED to the card and not moved.  You will need to format the SD card in the phone, and that will erase all content, so be sure you still have what you want on the card stored somewhere else.

Once the card has been formatted in the phone, it will have created the folders needed for the phone to recognize the files as Ringtones, Notification sounds, Music, Photos, etc.  Your contacts may have to be transferred another way - we can deal with that once you get the card formatted and see what DOES transfer and is readable on the new phone.

View solution in original post

pherson
Champion - Level 1

By formatting the memory card. You just can't store stuff on it put in a device and expect it to work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Copy all the files back to your computer, even better if they are still there and merely COPIED to the card and not moved.  You will need to format the SD card in the phone, and that will erase all content, so be sure you still have what you want on the card stored somewhere else.

Once the card has been formatted in the phone, it will have created the folders needed for the phone to recognize the files as Ringtones, Notification sounds, Music, Photos, etc.  Your contacts may have to be transferred another way - we can deal with that once you get the card formatted and see what DOES transfer and is readable on the new phone.