Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan. Do i need a new phone.
DeeErik

My bill is way too high.   I never use the internet, etc. anymore.  I only call, text, and use the camera.  I do send the pictures to people/my personal email.  Can I do that on a basic phone?  I need to leave my son's phone as a smartphone.  it's just the two of us on the plan.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan.  Do i need a new phone.
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

You can probably find a good used basic phone on swappa, or eBay, or possibly a friend has one unused they can loan or sell you.  If there is currently a smartphone on the line, then a data plan is required, so to drp the data plan you'd need a basic phone on the line.

You can send pictures via text messaging to an email address without a data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan.  Do i need a new phone.
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

You can probably find a good used basic phone on swappa, or eBay, or possibly a friend has one unused they can loan or sell you.  If there is currently a smartphone on the line, then a data plan is required, so to drp the data plan you'd need a basic phone on the line.

You can send pictures via text messaging to an email address without a data plan.

0 Likes