Can I just buy any CDMA phone and activate it on my account?
ruascott1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I left home, and forgot my LG G2. I need a phone/text for the next 5 days...can I just buy a cheap flip phone at the grocery and activate it on my account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I just buy any CDMA phone and activate it on my account?
Snn5
Legend

If your plan was for the G2, then it requires a smartphone.  You might could pick up a burner phone and use a temp number.

0 Likes
ruascott1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is annoying. I'm paying for cell service...they should activate a

basic phone for me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, it is inconvenient I know.  But, Verizon would, in some way, remind you that you forgot to bring your G2 with you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ruascott1,

I definitely understand how you feel! I'm totally lost without my phone. We can definitely activate an old phone for you to use as long as the phone is a VZW device. You can also activate it online http://vz.to/1zaF0Vx. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to activate a prepaid VZW phone on your post paid account unless that device has been on a prepaid account for at least 6 months.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Make sure that VZW is well aware that you're not activating a second line...you're just swapping phones for the time being.  I'd hate to see you have to fight a mess with them over a phone swap that was viewed as a second line activation.

0 Likes