Can contacts still be recovered from the backup assistant if the backup already ran?
bcodom

My dad lost his basic work phone, so he had to get a new one from their Verizon representative.  Unfortunately, his boss had already activated his phone without him, and it ran the backup assistant application on his phone, wiping out any possible backups.  Does anyone know if Verizon keeps previous backups of contacts in their Backup Assistant program, or is it just a one-time thing where once it backs up the contacts, it just has that one backup?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can contacts still be recovered from the backup assistant if the backup already ran?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure how your dads work phone/account is set up, but if he is able to log into his own device via the website he can check under my verizon>my device>back up contacts (this will take you to the cloud, which is what has replaced back-up assistance) Look within there if you can to see what was backed up.

If the lost phone wasn't backed up recently, then you'll only have what was backed up at the last time a back up was performed. Activating the new phone doesn't affect the lost phone, other than it is deactivated and lost.

I'm assuming your dad is trying to get his contacts to load back onto his new device?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can contacts still be recovered from the backup assistant if the backup already ran?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure how your dads work phone/account is set up, but if he is able to log into his own device via the website he can check under my verizon>my device>back up contacts (this will take you to the cloud, which is what has replaced back-up assistance) Look within there if you can to see what was backed up.

If the lost phone wasn't backed up recently, then you'll only have what was backed up at the last time a back up was performed. Activating the new phone doesn't affect the lost phone, other than it is deactivated and lost.

I'm assuming your dad is trying to get his contacts to load back onto his new device?

0 Likes