Cannot receive text messages with LG Octane
jene_girl

It just started today but I can send text messages but not receive them. My mobile mail still works but I've had family and friends try to text me and no one else is having this issue or can they get a text through. I've tried turning my phone off, taking the battery out, clearing all messages and now don't know what to do. What else can I try or do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive text messages with LG Octane
Cindib60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having issues as well since yesterday. Can send text. Can call out and receive calls. no texts, no alerts, no nothing. bill is paid!  I also tried shutting off and powering back on . Taking out battery and placing back in . So does someone from VErizon answer these or do we reply on fellow LG Octane users?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This community is first and most a customer peer to peer forum.

Have you tried called reprogramming your phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1 and follow the instructions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hmikush

I just started having the problem today with an LG Cosmos, my husband has the same phone and he hasn't had a problem.

0 Likes
vadcub33

Having the same problem wtih an LG Octane on my plan. It has had upwards of 40 messages sent to it in the last 24 hours and only 1 has been recieved. When the message comes through it says : Message Stored at  ( with a date)   Message Received at  ( with another date and time)   have tried programming it and it said it couldn't program the phone. Have shut down and removed battery and restarted. Have checked for updates, none available. What the heck is going on with the phone.

0 Likes
Bobby121

There are 4 phones (Octanes) in our family.  Yesterday, my daughter's phone stopped receiving texts.  Later, my son's stopped receiving....then my wife's.  I called Verizon.  I was told that this was nationwide, and connected to Facebook in some way.  My phone, the only one that continued working, is NOT set up to receive FB notifications, so this made sense to me.  Hours later, my daughter's phone returned to normal.  Then my wife's.  BUT.....my son's is still not receiving.  We have tried calling Tech Support at 611.  We were put through hoops with no answer other than getting a new phone and an insurance policy!    We are still waiting for my son's phone to work........

0 Likes
Bobby121

Guess what......a minute after I typed the above, my son's phone started receiving text messages that were sent from yesterday!  IT'S NOT YOUR PHONE.........IT'S THE SYSTEM!!!!!!

0 Likes
alexandria_dai

i have the HotShot and i am having the same problem. i dont know what to do, ive done everything.

0 Likes
Bobby121

All I can say is that with all three family members who experienced this problem, it took about 24 hours for Verizon to do their "thing" to get them working.  If it's been longer than that for you, I am sorry.  If it has been less than 24 hours.....try to be patient.  THOUGH....you can receive messages if the sender sends them as HIGH PRIORITY TEXTS.  This does not cost anything additional to do.  HOW TO:  After typing your text message to a friend (or vice versa), before sending it, click on OPTIONS.  Scroll down to PRIORITY LEVEL. Change to HIGH.  Click on OK and send.  If your friends do this, the messages should come through to you.  This should help until Verizon figures out their problem!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vadcub33

Thanks, the high priority thing did work. Of course I got this email AFTER

spending three hours on the phone with verizon. End result, they are

sending a new phone. Not sure if that will help or not. Been nearly 48 hours

since I have received a regular text.

0 Likes