Does anyone know how much an early termination fee would be on a basic plan with a year left on the contract?
Amyliz67

I have a year left on my basic phone contract but we have been discussing breaking up our family plan and going elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how much an early termination fee would be on a basic plan with a year left on the contract?
DeathKitty1989
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I'm understanding, it's $175 but minus 12 months' worth of $5, since you've made your payments for 1 year.

It's a 2 year plan, right?

If so, then your bill should be around $115, with a few possible taxes/surcharges. (Not too sure about whether the taxes and surcharges are, but I THINK they may be added.)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how much an early termination fee would be on a basic plan with a year left on the contract?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no! Your posting hurt my feelings Amyliz67! Why do you want to leave our happy wireless family? There are options on breaking up the family plan and avoiding any termination fees. For example, you have the option to transfer your mobile number in your name. This way you can continue to enjoy great service from us and the original account does not have to incur a termination fee. If interested then please reply so we can assist.  ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
seasurf17837

Wow, my son had three months left on his contract, It was to end on June 27 2015. He switched to another plan. Verizon charged him 163 dollars in termination fees.

Wow, right now, I am on their prepaid plan but rest assured I will looking at other options. I will also be complaining about this to the Better Business Bureau as well as other governmental agencies. 163 dollars, that's almost half of the line --- when they say they prorate, they are lying....

0 Likes