Getting photos off my old-old phone and into my new-new notebook-Help?
questionsaboutmyphone

I am trying to get a bunch photos from my basic Verizon LG phone and into my brand new notebook (windows 8).

I have tried the usb connection but it is not recognizing, or I am not doing something right.

So, I bought a little sim card and installed it into the phone thinking I could just download all the photos onto it and upload them via sim card onto my machine.

Its not working and I need some help.  The whole process seems counter-intuitive and I know there must be an easier way?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting photos off my old-old phone and into my new-new notebook-Help?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you buy a SIM card or micro SD card? The SD card is what you need, and that method should work if you move all photos from phone memory to media card memory, then insert in your computer. The SIM card, which most basic phones don't use, is just for storing account details and contacts.

Back to the computer not recognizing your phone, which model phone do you have? Sometimes you can download drivers from the manufacturer's site.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SydneyK,

In addition to your very useful answer, be sure that we might need an SD card adapter as well to make it be read on the laptop. Thank you for your support today, we greatly appreciate it!

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PMtrader

Your first question was not answered...how do you transfer photos from the camera to computer via USB. I have an LG Extravert with no slot for SD card but need to transfer photos.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable:

Transfer Pictures/Videos - LG Extravert™

0 Likes