How do I back up my basic phone when I already activated my new smart phone?
ksmilesz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got an iPhone as a surprised (they activated it and everything) I never got the chance to back up the photos and the saved messages on my basic phone. How do I back it up even though its not "active"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I back up my basic phone when I already activated my new smart phone?
Not applicable

This may work. Hook a cable from the device to your computer.

It will or should show as another drive letter on the computer.

Access the photos on the phone and copy and past to a folder you create on the desktop.

After you have them, simply hook the iPhone cable up to your iTunes.

Then sync photos, search the desktop for the pictures. The they will be on your iPhone.

It sounds difficult but it really is easy.

If you had the photos on a SD card on the basic phone use an adapter which can be purchased at any computer shop and get the photos that way.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348830,00.asp

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: How do I back up my basic phone when I already activated my new smart phone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try bitpim software to save a copy of your texts.

www.bitpim.org

0 Likes
ksmilesz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a mac book and when I plug my phone in, nothing pops up Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry I have Windows Machines.

I cannot fathom how to connect to a Mac Book. Sorry

Anyone else have any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksmilesz, that is a nice gift to receive! I hope you are enjoying the new iPhone! I would love to see if we can further assist you with getting the info off your old device. What kind of phone did you have before? Do you have an SD card in that phone? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ksmilesz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a LG cosmos 3 and no i didn't have a sd card

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksmilesz Let's get your photos saved. You can reactivate the previous phone and retry connecting the phone with your computer. Let us know if this helps.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes