How do you factory reset the Samsung Brightside?
agaw

I have a samsung brightside and it has a code on it . i have called verizion and samsung neither one can help me rebute the phone. it has a 4 digit code that my kids do not remember. help in rebutting it without going to a best buy or verizion store 45 mi

How do you factory reset and Samsung Brightside . I have been on phone with Verizon and Samsung both. I can not get past the 4 digit pass code. Nobody knows the 4 digits. I was told I had to got to best buy to get this done . any help please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you factory reset the Samsung Brightside?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived agaw! All you need to do is dial *228 (send) option 1 to re-activate the phone and then the passcode resets to the last 4 digits of the mobile number. Please try this and let us know if you have any further questions.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wizardofahz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to donate my Samsung Brightside to a charity.  How do I do a factory reset of it, which includes erasing my phone number from it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Instead of digging up a four year old thread, why didn't you create a new post for your question? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
  1. From the main screen, select Settings.
  2. Select Phone Settings.
  3. Select Security. ...
  4. Enter the Security Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).
  5. Select Restore Phone.
  6. Select Yes.
  7. Select OK.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes