How to block non-working numbers?
tired_

I am  getting calls from Verizon looking for someone who is not me. Following the prompts does not work. I have had this number 15 years! Verizon says the numbers are non-working numbers. How do I block these?

Using the blocking function in Verizon does not block the calls. So far I have calls from 4 different numbers.

Subject was edited for brevity: Verizon Moderator <<>>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to block non-working numbers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that the calls have stopped coming through Tired%%. I know the situation was very frustrating and we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we want to review this to make sure it doesn't happen again. If this happens again or if you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. We do appreciate your patience with us.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am getting calls from Verizon looking for Daniel Bush. Following the prompts does not work. I have had this number 15 years! Verizon says the numbers are non-working numbers. How do I block these?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are receiving these calls, Tired%%. I'd like to clarify some information you have provided. You've mentioned you have had calls from 4 different numbers and the block does not stop the calls. Are the phone numbers that are being blocked 10 digits? Once you have added the phone number to the block list, does that same phone number continue to call?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
tired_

Originally the calls were from the same number. As I started blocking the call, new phone numbers were being used. Eventually, the blocked numbers returned. Most of the numbers had totally different area codes. A long talk with many folks from Verizon suggested that the calls were misdirected by someone using a Verizon phone as an answering device and the calls were forwarded to my phone. I was told to dial 71 and that seems to have worked. It is interesting as this old style basic phone said the “71” was not accepted! Either way, they stopped.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that the calls have stopped coming through Tired%%. I know the situation was very frustrating and we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we want to review this to make sure it doesn't happen again. If this happens again or if you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. We do appreciate your patience with us.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes